Saturday, October 15, 2005

Mixer

On Thursday night we had a kind of mixer party for Japanese and International Students. I didn't show up until 7. Actually I thought this was the beginning of the party. But I was wrong. The party was already going when I got there. I didn't have enough time to get a name card until I was already speaking to one of the Japanese girls there. Soon I got my name card though, and started to rummage through the food:) I also met up with Aki and Yousuke. I guess Yousuke was a drummer for a kind of popular band called High Maintenance.
The most unexpected thing happened today. The girl who I talked to first at the party came up to me and we were just talking for a little bit. I was so surprised, I didn't know that Japanese people would come up to talk to me like that. Usually nobody even looks at me when I walk by on the sidewalk. We just had a small conversation like "Hey, whats up" and where my class was, but I was too shocked that anybody stopped to talk to me, I couldn't remember any Japanese at all! Anyway, making Japanese friends is fun...peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home